I stayed the night in Chicago, so that I didn't need to worry about traveling in the ice storm.
Got to the airport at 7:50 AM for a 9:45 flight.
Took about 20 minutes to check bag and get boarding pass.
I decided to go through Security checkpoint #1 because I thought it would less used, thus quicker, and close to the concourse (C).
It took about 15 minutes to get through.
Security check point #2 would be closer to the concourse by only a few yards.
Got to the gate about 8:30 AM.
At about 9 AM, the flight was delayed 1 hour.
At about 9:30 AM, the flight was cancelled.
You are told to go to United customer Service, or call 1880UNITED1.
Here's a tip if you need to go to United Customer Service. Most people don't realize, or don't care, that there are two lines... one to talk to a live face-to-face customer service rep, and one for self-serve kiosk. The line for face-to-face was probably at least a 45 minute wait. The self-serve kiosks are very easy to operate. I walked right up, and had my flight rebooked in a matter of minutes. This included the machine getting stuck, so I had to pick up the phone right next to the kiosk and talk to a live rep! Sure beats waiting in line.
Anyway, my rebooking takes me through Denver, then to Vancouver. Will be there 8PM Vancouver time.
Lori, Jerry, Bill - I need to get your cell phone numbers. United calls if the flight is cancelled, but I think they have my # on files.
My 12 PM flight was delayed until 12:08, then 12:30, then 12:44. Then, it stopped on near the runway for 15 minutes waiting for a storm to pass. Other than that, the 2 hr flight to Denver was fine.
So far, my 6PM flight to Vancouver has been delayed to 6:30.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment